German visa FAQ

FAQs

Q:1- Can I submit my application in advance ?
YES, you can submit your application in advance. For applying to the Consulate General Republic of Germany in Chennai one month prior to the date of travel.

Q:2- I am an Indian citizen and have a US (or Canada) visa (or resident permit). Do I need an airport transit visa when traveling through Frankfurt ?
NO, you don't need an airport transit visa if you hold a confirmed return ticket to your final destination.

Q:3- On my way to US, UK , etc… I wish to spend a day or two in Germany. Do I need a visa ?
YES , you need an ordinary transit visa (valid up to 5 days)

Q:4- Can a visa be extended in Germany ?
NO .

Q:5- Can I get my visa directly at Frankfurt airport ?
You must get it before you leave India.

Q:6- Can I send my application by post or through courier ?
NO . In case you don't wish to come in person, please have your application submitted through a listed travel agent. You will be called for an interview if necessary.

Q:7 - Can I receive my passport by courier ?
YES , you can receive your passport by courier. At the time of submitting your application you can avail of the courier facility by filling up the 'Courier Request Form'. Your passport can be couriered to an address convenient to you, mentioned in the Form. This facility comes to you at an additional charge of Rs.170/- per application.

Q:8- I am an Indian citizen living abroad. Do I have to apply in India ?
NO , It is mandatory to apply in the country of your residence (work or studies).

Q:9- My visa got refused with no explanation. Can you let me know why ?
According to the Germany law, the reasons for refusal are confidential and cannot be disclosed.

Q:10- I am going to UK and intend to visit your country. Can I make the hotel booking from UK only ?
You must provide a hotel booking at the time of submission.

Q:11 - If my sponsorship letter has expired, can I still submit my application?
NO , expired sponsorship letters are not accepted. Please also note that sponsorship letters which are older than 6 months will also not to be accepted.

Q:12 - I am a British overseas citizen. Do I require a visa?
YES

Q:13 - If I am traveling to the US via Germany on an open ticket / Buddy pass, what kind of visa will I require ?
As your travel dates are not confirmed you will have to apply for an ordinary transit or short stay visa.

Q:14 - We are a family of three. How many applications do I submit ?
One application per person has to be submitted. Each application must be supported by all required documents.

Q:15. How much does it cost to apply for a Germany visa, and are there any other charges applicable?
The visa fee depends on the category of visa applied yfor. Click here to view the visa fee list. The fee for processing your visa fee is Rs 510 (inclusive of all taxes). We also courier passports to your address after assessment. If you would like your passport couriered, the charge for this is Rs 170 (inclusive of all taxes). The courier service is optional and not compulsory.

Q:16.What should I do after submitting the visa application?
You can check the status of the application the next day after submitting your application

Q:17.How do I check the status of the application?
Helpline:
You can call the helpline after 3.00 pm the next day or between 8 and 4 pm the second day to check the status of your application. The helpline numbers is 044 - 24333226

In person:
If you have submitted your application in Chennai you can check your status after 5.00 pm the next day.

Q:18.What could the status be?
Once a Visa Officer has assessed your application, s/he will make the decision to either issue or refuse your visa; or invite you for an interview

Q:19. What will happen if my name appears on the list?
You should come to the VFS Office where you submitted your visa application, to collect an interview letter.

Q:20. Where will my interview be held?
At the The Consulate General Federal Republic of Germany in Chennai. The letter will inform you the date & time.

Q:21. What do I need to carry for the interview?
The interview letter & any original documents which you did not submit at the time of submission.

Q:22. General information
a) Visa fees, once paid, are non refundable.

b) You can obtain further information, and download visa application forms from www.chennai.diplo.de www.vfs-germany.co.in

c) For any further assistance, please call the VFS helpline between 0800 - 1600 hrs
Chennai- 044 24333226

d) You can also email at info@vfs-germany.co.in

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

Anonymous said...

Thanks you very much this website helps me a lot……. business class hotels in chennai